dr. Jamal Khalab
A highly distinguished career spanning over 22 years in the telecommunications industry in the UK and across the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded AdvaComm Associates in 2004 to bring high calibre, leading edge telecoms technology consulting expertise to the Middle East.
- Carried out successful research and development in the UK into advanced techniques for mobile communication systems such as the application of adaptive array antennas (& smart antenna) to WCDMA (3G).
- Published research findings in various international technical conferences & journals.
- Has an invention (advanced receiver technique) which was registered at the UK Patent Office in 1999.
- Led one of the earliest trials of 3G technology in the world (Fujitsu- Orange in Bristol, UK) in 1999.
- Managed Network Planning & Optimisation Department of the first 3G network operator in the UK (Hutchison 3G - 3UK) between 2000 and 2004.
- Managed the first 3G network deployment in the Middle East on behalf of Huawei at Etisalat. This was also the first ever 3G project for Huawei.
- Managed the first regional operator performance benchmarking on behalf of the UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA).